2018 Summer School on Structural Dynamic Models
QuantEcon will run a one-day workshop at the Summer School on Structural Dynamic Models, to be held on May 28th 2018 at the University of Copenhagen. The sessions will provide an overview of modern open source tools and techniques for computational modeling, loosely based on the material in Lectures in Quantitative Economics.
- 9:00 - 10:30: Introduction to QuantEcon, Jupyter notebooks, and Python
- 10:45 - 12:15: Python for data handling, analysis, and visualisation, numerical techniques
- 12:15 - 13:15: Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:45: Intro to Numba
- 15:00 - 16:30: Dynamic programming applications with Numba and parallelization
- 16:45 - 18:15: Computer lab/office hours
For the full summer school schedule, please see this page.
Department of Economics, University of Copenhagen
Please be sure to bring your laptop to the workshop. If possible,
All languages and computing platforms we use are free and open source.
Troubleshooting of installations and other software issues will be available in the first session.
The following resources will be useful during and after:
John Stachurski, Natasha Watkins
For requests or feedback, please email email@example.com.